Jio Phone comes with many new features and it has brought a huge difference when compared to other feature phones. While the Jio phone is provided with many features that a smartphone has. While the process to use the phone is very similar to the other feature phones and you will be familiar with the user interface. But the mobile has got a bundle of new features which you can use on a daily basis. It has many features such as passcode lock or USB file transfer and much more. Here in this article, we have listed some of the key features of the Jio Phone. While you can check these Jio Phone Tips and tricks when you get started with the handset.
7 Jio Phone Tips and Tricks
Check the below simple and easy Jio phone tips and tricks so that you can use them when you get your Jio Phone.
Jio Phone Tips and Tricks
1. How to import Gmail contacts on Jio Phone
For anyone who buys a new phone, importing the contacts to the phone is the major thing. It will be very easy to import your contacts to the Jio Phone if you have the contacts in your Jio sim. But if you are having the contacts in your Google account or Microsoft account then it is not that easy to import the contacts.
- While to import the contacts from your Google account with Jio Phone, you have to open the Contacts app.
- There you have to click on the Settings button that will be on the right of your mobile screen.
- Then you have to scroll down and click on the import contacts option.
- There you have to choose the Gmail option.
- Then enter your Gmail account details to log in your account.
- While you have to click Allow, so that, you can give your mobile to access your information.
- That is it, now the contacts will be automatically imported to your Jio Phone Contacts app.
And you have to follow the same process to import contacts. All you have to do is enter your Outlook account ID and password to sync contacts.
2. Change interface languages
There are almost 22 languages that the Jio phone supports. It has many languages such as English, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, and much more. You can choose any language that you are comfortable with. And to change the language of your preference follow the below steps.
- Go to the Settings app and there you have to choose the Personalization tab.
- Then you have to scroll down to the language option.
- You have to click on that option.
- Then you can choose any language from the list of languages that you are comfortable with.
- That is it, this simple is the process and now the entire interface of your Jio Phone will be in that particular language.
3. Call forwarding
Even for some people, Call forwarding is the must option that should be on a mobile. And to do this in Jio phone, you have to follow the below simple and easy steps.
- First of all, you have to open the Call Settings option.
- You will find this option in the Network & Connectivity tab in the Settings app.
- There you can see the Call Forwarding option.
- By clicking on that, you can choose the suitable option such as Always Forward, Forward When Busy, etc.
- That is it you are done with the process.
4. Set up a screen lock
Screen lock is the mandatory option nowadays for anyone. If you don’t want others to open your mobile and see the information on your Jio Phone unit, then you can set up a passcode lock. You can check the below simple steps to set a lock to your Jio Phone.
- You have to open the Settings app, and there open the Privacy & Security option.
- Then you can select the Screen Lock and you have to choose the option to turn the screen lock on.
- Then the handset will prompt you to set up a new screen lock.
- You have to enter a four-digit passcode hit OK.
- That’s it, you are done with setting a passcode lock and the mobile opens only when you entered the code from the next time.
5. How to use Jio Phone for file storage via USB
You cannot transfer the files from a storage device to Jio Phone when you get the handset via the USB cable. This is because the option will be turned off by default. And to enable it, follow the simple steps below.
- Go to the Settings option and there you have to select the Storage tab.
- Then you have to click the enable option and then you will be able to transfer files using a USB cable.
- And if you have set a passcode lock then you have to unlock your phone once to transfer the files.
6. Stop websites from tracking you and clear browser history
The Jio Phone default Web browser will record all your online activity. And this is just like any other browser. Here in the official app, you will not find the delete option to delete all your history. To delete your online activity history, you can follow the below simple process.
- You have to go to the Settings app.
- There you have to choose the Privacy & Security tab and select the Browsing Privacy option that you see on your Jio phone screen.
- And there you can clear all your browsing history as well as cookies and the stored data.
- While there is also an option as Do Not Track option so that other websites and apps can’t track you.
7. Check for software updates
Jio Phone is just a feature phone that comes with a lot of features just as the smartphone has. While you can also check the software updates of your Jio phone. To do the process, you can follow the below steps.
- You have to choose the Settings app and select the Device tab.
- There you have to select the Device Information.
- Then you can actually scroll down to LYF Software Update to check for any new OTA update available for your phone.
In this post, you have seen all the Jio Phone Tips and Tricks. If you are having any doubts regarding Jio Phone Tips and Tricks, then feel free to ask us. You can ask your query via the comment section. And we are always there to help you out. Cheers!
While you can also check: